By sharing my writing (Poetry in particular), a life long dream, I hope to inspire others to go after their dreams and goals.

Friday, May 1, 2020

Reflection


Do you ever take time to reflect? A few moments spent just thinking deeply about where you are in life, how you arrived there, and where you are headed? When things are going well we may not reflect as much. We are busy in the moment working, creating, raising a family, traveling, educating ourselves, and sometimes simply surviving. Reflection can be very useful. It allows us to think deeply and honestly about many aspects our lives. It can help clarify a future decision or make peace with a past choice. A physical space can bring about a peacefulness in our bodies, allowing our thoughts to reflect. The ocean, lakes (like the photo above), rivers, forests, mountains, empty roads and more can soothe our senses lulling us into thoughts we may not even realize we’d been storing. Think about sitting on a sunny beach and gazing into the far distances of the ocean.


During this time of the pandemic I am going to try and write more consistently on my blog. After all I have the time. I just need to find the words and motivation. Stay safe everyone. We will get through these trying times.

Love,
Valerie

Photo taken by me April 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment