By sharing my writing (Poetry in particular), a life long dream, I hope to inspire others to go after their dreams and goals.

Monday, December 26, 2022

Peeking into 2023

Happy Holidays to All!

I did not blog much this year with good reason. I was busy navigating the increasingly challenging twelve months, as so many were in this new era we are living. By now my goals for the New Year would have been set and I almost decided not to bother, but then a little voice inside said, “you must have dreams and goals to strive for or you will be giving in to existing a mundane twenty-four hour cycle.”

That’s not to say that routine is boring. It’s actually quite useful. Nor do goals have to be extravagant or costly and dreams do not have to be grand. I simply believe that when a person has something they long for on the horizon it provides a beacon to light the way during difficult times.

It is easy to give in to the current mood and feel cautious about the New Year. The last three years have been overwhelming as a whole to say the least. Still even with all the losses many have experienced and the changes, there is always something to smile about. There is always someone to smile for.

My goals for this coming year are simple.

Spend more time with family & friends far and near
Speak more on the telephone and less by text
Return to the snail mail I love
Listen fully
Pray daily
Cry when needed
Revisit past goals and adjust as needed
Follow the dreams in my heart

Keep dancing!
Love more!
Laugh often!
Live joyously!

What are your goals, dreams, aspirations, or hopes for 2023? I encourage you all to strive toward them with open arms. Sending love and warm wishes.

Happy New Year!
Valerie




No comments:

Post a Comment