By sharing my writing (Poetry in particular), a life long dream, I hope to inspire others to go after their dreams and goals.

Saturday, December 18, 2021

Favorite Things

Holiday Greetings,

I am not a big fan of New Year resolutions, choosing instead to set goals in September each year. This year I didn’t even do that. Instead I thought I would list some of my favorite things and reflect on how grateful I am for my family, friends, health, and most especially my life.

What a long couple of years it has been for us all. For some it has been excruciating. My heart goes out to each and every human being. May we all find joy, peace, laughter, love, kindness, empathy, solace, understanding, adventure, and so much more in the coming year.

Given all the sadness, stress, confusion, fear and angst in the world, there is still so much to celebrate and give thanks for. I personally thank God for all. Whatever your personal beliefs may be, search your heart and list all the wonderful and favorite things you love. Revel in them!

This list does not include my favorite people, or the wonderful things that are shared with those we love, such as deep conversations (that would be a long list).

Favorite Things

Books
Libraries
Bookstores (especially used)
Reading/writing
Poetry
Music (all genres)
The Opera
The Ballet
Orchestras
Classic movies (TCM)
Historical movies
The color blue
Sketching
Illustrations
Architecture
The Peanut Gang
Archie Comics
Original Star Trek
70s/80s tv series
The Outsiders
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
Genealogy
Photography
Maps
Fashion
Sports
Traveling
Sunsets/sunrises
Nature (especially trees)
Flowers
Animals
Birds
The ocean
Astronomy (especially the stars)
History (all)
Dancing
Concerts
Learning
Art
Creating
Museums
Antique stores
Thrifting
Long drives
Musicals
Dollhouses
Paper dolls
Vintage toys
Marbles
Puzzles (paper & jigsaw)
Cooking
Chocolate
Bustello coffee
Cafes
Exercising
Castles and Gazebos (hence the title of my blog)
… and so much more!

Life has so much good to offer. So much beauty to admire. So many delightful moments. So much adventure. So many interesting places and artistic creations. Even in the midst of a pandemic. Even after tremendous loss. Even with an uncertain future.

Let’s all do our best in 2022. Let’s all live our best. Let’s all be our best. Let’s all give our best. Let’s come together and make 2022 the best year ever! Cheers!

Happy New Year,

Valerie






No comments:

Post a Comment