By sharing my writing (Poetry in particular), a life long dream, I hope to inspire others to go after their dreams and goals.

Friday, January 10, 2020

Here We Are

Hello Friends!

Here we are. A new decade! The year 2020, the start of a decade some are already referring to as the ‘Roaring Twenties.’ We are far away literally, figuratively, and technologically from the 1920s. I certainly hope we can experience a festive and positive decade full of love and peace.

I didn’t realize I posted very little on this blog in 2019. It was a challenging year. A year full of change and growth. I did not make resolutions this year. I just made a promise to myself to do better in all aspects of my life. I personally like to set goals throughout the year but I appreciate the New Year as a marker to begin anew. A chance to work on habits  I may be trying to develop or break.

How is your goal setting going? It can be difficult to maintain motivation with so much turmoil happening across the globe. But I read something yesterday that reminded me that there will always be suffering somewhere at the same time there is rejoicing elsewhere. We can be prayerful, conscientiousness of our actions, and mindful of our contribution to the world we live in but we cannot and should not stop living our lives to the fullest.

Here we are. A new year and new decade. How do you plan on making it a decade to remember? January is a great place to start but start again each month as you need to. Habits are hard to make and break but not impossible. Look for inspiration via books, social media, family, friends, and even yourself. Recall a time you succeeded in something and remind yourself you can again.

Happy New Year!
Valerie

“The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.” ~ Alan Watts

No comments:

Post a Comment