By sharing my writing (Poetry in particular), a life long dream, I hope to inspire others to go after their dreams and goals.

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Fly

Written by Valerie Maldonado
For Justin Rodriguez
May 27, 2015

Ah you'll be leaving soon
This time won't be permanent
But one day it will
One day it will

I am happy you are going
I want you to fly
Take that incredible talent
Reach for the sky
Reach for the sky

What a joy it has been
Seeing the child grow
Into a thoughtful young man
Where did the time go? 
Where did the time go? 

Though my oldest children
Have already left
You are the last to depart
Leaving an empty nest
Though I will cry, I most certainly
Will cry
Know that I am joyful that you
Are choosing to fly

Go for your dream
Reach beyond the stars
Venture past the unknown
To fulfill what's in your heart
Never give up,  never give in
You cannot fail for as long
As you're willing

Willing to try
Willing to walk
Your own path
Regardless of negative talk

I salute your strength
I admire your drive
Every dream you have
Will spring to life
How can it not? 
I will tell you why
Unlike the usual
You opted to fly









No comments:

Post a Comment