By sharing my writing (Poetry in particular), a life long dream, I hope to inspire others to go after their dreams and goals.

Monday, October 21, 2013

Monday, Monday

"Monday, Monday, so good to me.  Monday, morning, it was all I hoped it would be."  Lyrics by the Mamas and the Papas.

I think everyone would agree the above words are not how most people would describe Mondays or Monday mornings.  In fact many people post on social media the exact opposite sentiment, how they hate Mondays.  I may be one of the few who happen to like Mondays.  Maybe it has to do with the fact that Sunday is my favorite day, a day of rest and reflection.  I always found Sunday prepares me for Monday.

Most people would probably say Friday is their favorite day.  It ends the work week.  For some it might be a day of gathering with friends and family.  It might be because it is a night where a lot people would get their best rest since they can sleep in on Saturday morning.

I look at Monday as a fresh start.  The beginning of a new week, which if anticipated in a positive way can begin our week off on a good note.  Friday typically means deadline day for me at any job, "hurry up and finish what needs to be done kind of day", since there are no more days in the week left.  Of course, that is an extreme view.  But so is the hate, loathing and bad energy people seem to put into disliking a certain day.

Why not pretend Monday is Friday?  I believe any day of the week becomes what we make of it.  Just like age is just a number, the day of the week does not have to be defined as negative.  If Mondays tend not to be "good to you" figure out how you can incorporate something into your day that will change your perspective.  Even a small change can make a big difference.  However, I would not advise a happy hour.

Happy Monday,
Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment