By sharing my writing (Poetry in particular), a life long dream, I hope to inspire others to go after their dreams and goals.

Saturday, December 16, 2017

Reflect, Regroup, Return

How in the world is it that time of year again so quickly?! Did 12 months really go by that fast? Who is ready for 2018?

Usually around this time of year I start making my list of New Years resolutions or my goals and dreams as I prefer to call my list. This year in addition to my list I am doing something new.

I recently began following some You Tubers for the first time. I used to use You Tube mostly to watch music videos or other such content but somehow I came across some young ladies who are so inspirational I subscribed to their channels. I will list the links below.

Watching them inspired me to do three things for the New Year. Reflect, Regroup, and Return.

Reflect is simply looking back at the past year and reviewing what went right, what I can improve on and what will continue or end. For example, I traveled a few times and I went on my first writer's retreat. I had one great semester of school and one I really struggled to get through.

Regroup is my way of taking what I am reflecting on and figuring out how I can improve in 2018. What daily habits can I change or start to live the life I desire? Where do I need to focus my energy more? What is mentally draining my days? How can I manage my time better? I need to regroup my thoughts, actions and behaviors to move toward a positive 2018.

Return is getting back to basics. In order to be the best version of myself I need to return to myself. Getting still, spending time in solitude, spending more time on my creative side, simplifying my daily routine, my home, and my life are all a return to myself. Returning to my core values will help me make more sound decisions. Decreasing negative thoughts and increasing positive thoughts will help me remain balanced.

What are your goals for the New Year? What will you do differently and what do you hope to accomplish? Will 2018 be the year you decide to go for a dream you've been imagining for so long? Take a small step. Just one. See where it takes you.

Wishing you all the best,
Valerie

Lavendaire:
https://youtu.be/e2kxr-NAb4c

Pick Up Limes
https://youtu.be/4dzsrT_pzC0

Jordan Clark:
https://youtu.be/KuziswEwNTU

No comments:

Post a Comment