By sharing my writing (Poetry in particular), a life long dream, I hope to inspire others to go after their dreams and goals.

Monday, January 14, 2019

Waiting

Hope everyone’s New Year is starting off nicely. I can’t believe it is 2019 already! Anyone else feel as if time is speeding up?

I haven’t been very active on my blog. I started this blog as a way to share my poetry and bits of inspiration. Along the way I created a poetry page on Instagram, joined the writing community of Mirakee and began to write my first poetry book. I waited years to begin taking my writing seriously. Unfortunately, I neglected to write here. I am going to begin again.

Waiting is something we are all familiar with. We wait at the grocery store, to pay bills, in traffic, and many other mundane moments. We wait for calls that never come, jobs that we apply for, apologies we often don’t receive, and if you’re like me, our dreams to materialize.

This year I decided I’m not waiting any longer. I’m going after my dreams in action mode.  I am going to take small steps everyday toward the life I want to live. I refuse to live on autopilot. I definitely refuse to live by the standards others expect.

I am good at waiting. I carry a book to read. I conversate. I’m patient. But I have grown weary of waiting for certain elements to be present in my life. They will not come to me if I do nothing therefore I will seek them out. Maybe I’ll find what I’m hoping for and maybe I won’t. At least I won’t be waiting.

Love
xoxoxo
Val

No comments:

Post a Comment