By sharing my writing (Poetry in particular), a life long dream, I hope to inspire others to go after their dreams and goals.

Saturday, October 14, 2017

Catching Up

Hi Everyone,

It's been almost three months since I've written on my blog. At the end of July I was preparing to attend my 1st Writer's Retreat, which I was super excited about. My senior year in college was just about to begin and I was transitioning in my workplace as well. So much transpired in the interim between then and now that I am just catching my breath.

Has that ever happened in your life? Unexpected things occur, you have a full calendar of obligations, and so much change takes place you feel caught up in a vortex?

In the last three months as a society we have witnessed a lot. From natural disasters, to tragic violence, hate filled conversations and much more. This kind of relentless onslaught of anxiety filled moments can take a toll on us physically, spiritually, mentally and emotionally.

We all need to find a way of dealing with the stress and negativity that can result from too much happening at once. I myself have had to face deadlines, loved ones suffering illness, dealing with toxic situations, travel and even death. We must find an outlet that allows us to release our emotions.

My outlet has always been and continues to be writing. Reading is a close second. I also use music and dance as a stress reliever. I've added meditation and now I'm trying yoga. Eating healthy, drinking lots of water and getting enough rest is also very important.

I hope you are all well and finding ways to cope with world affairs and your own daily struggles.  Gratitude, faith and hope are my tools as well. God is my foundation and strength. Love is my super power.

God bless,
Valerie




No comments:

Post a Comment