By sharing my writing (Poetry in particular), a life long dream, I hope to inspire others to go after their dreams and goals.

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Good Fortune

As I write this I cannot believe it is the end of June already. I thought May had gone by fast! Happy summer everyone.

Have you ever had a series of good things happen to you? Blessings all at once? I've had good years, years when exciting things took place but I'm referring to multiple good fortune in a short span of time. I am experiencing that this week.

Many times you will hear the expression "when it rains, it pours," to describe a series of misfortune but it is rarer to hear about good fortune.

I believe we are always receiving good fortune but human nature leads us to focus on the negative experience. Yes sometimes great things happen but everyday we receive blessings. Yet we can get so caught up in the grind of work and responsibility we sometimes fail to notice.

My good fortune made me realize a few things. One is that everything good coming my way recently, I worked very hard for. They didn't just fall in to my lap. I also realized that sometimes we need help and it can come from the most unlikely people and places. I also realized once I let go of worrying about what the outcome would be in a situation, and simply accepted it, I gained back control.  Instead of letting my emotions rule, I looked for solutions to my problems. I kept my faith. I prayed. Hard and honestly.

My recent good fortune included making the President's Honor Roll at college for achieving a 4.0 average. At 50 years old! I always dreamed of a 4.0 average. The fulfillment of a dream cannot be expressed adequately in words. It was a fantastic feeling. My other good fortune dealt with receiving closure in some difficult situations.

Nothing good comes easy. Nothing bad lasts forever. So if you are struggling, and I am still struggling, remember life is what you make of it. We are surrounded by good fortune everytime we are granted a new day. With every breath we take, every conversation we are invited to have, every delicious food we indulge in, the nature we are surrounded by, the love we receive openly and silently, God bestows good fortune on each and every one of us.

I like to believe that He has given me a reprieve from the rollercoaster I have been, allowing me to ride the carousel and enjoy the lights.

Here's to good fortune coming your way,
Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment