By sharing my writing (Poetry in particular), a life long dream, I hope to inspire others to go after their dreams and goals.

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Art For Pennies

One of my New Year goals was to stop putting off doing what I've wanted to do for a long time...sometimes years.

Why is it we wish, daydream, fantasize or hope for something we want? What happened to going for it?

If you're like me, the answer lies partly in procrastination, wanting perfection, waiting for the right time and many times the oldest excuse "lack of money."

While it is true money can play a major factor in some of our dreams, Paris anyone?, sometimes for a few pennies you can get what you want or a close copy.

With that being said my attitude this year is to at least try.

Here's an example of something I have been wanting to do to decorate my bathroom. I've always admired the thought of an art gallery in this small room. Ideally I would have loved to paint the walls black and put up art from some of my favorite painters but I could not do either of those things.

I did the best I could. I got very lucky at an antique/thrift shop recently and came home and began coordinating the art on the wall. The cost was about $20 and it took about a half hour to hang them. How I felt after finally creating an art gallery in my bathroom, priceless!

What have you been wanting to do for a long time? Think of how you might get it done and just go for it. I promise you will not be disappointed!

Just do it,
Valerie


No comments:

Post a Comment