By sharing my writing (Poetry in particular), a life long dream, I hope to inspire others to go after their dreams and goals.

Friday, March 27, 2015

Happy Spring!

Hi All,

It's been a while since my last post, way back in November 2014.  In that post I encouraged everyone to find enjoyment all around them.  That is what I have been working on and succeeding in many areas.  However, I have neglected my writing in all respects, my blog, my poetry, my correspondences and more.  Time to get back to business but first...

...I would like to wish all of you a wonderful Spring Season!  For many the weather has been a downer and Spring can not come fast enough.  If it is still cold by you, hang on, warmer weather is right around the corner.  We in the Sunshine state have already had days that are too hot, hoping it settles a little into Spring weather.  Our summers are long enough as it is.

Many people associate Spring with flowers, rain, warmer weather, and Easter/Passover celebrations. Spring is also a time for new beginnings and Spring Cleaning!!  This year I took Spring cleaning one step further and painted three of my rooms.  My living room is now a pretty shade of "Blue cloud".  De-cluttering, cleaning, and organizing are all positive and inspiring ways to jump start your Spring season.  Adding new wall colors, decor and flowers to your home can bring joy and a sense of peace and tranquility.

With that said, painting is not for everyone.  I painted my rooms myself but it was WORK.  If you do not have the patience or time, (and who has time really?  I had to paint in between school and work) then I would suggest hiring someone you know or a professional if you can afford it.  If you can't (like me) then dig your heels in and get to work.  Go slow, get the right tools and take your time.  Rushing does not help and can leave you feeling spent.  Procrastinating can do the same, so pace yourself but schedule time to do it.  One of the most important things I learned was that choosing the right paint color is not as easy as it seems.  Bring a photo for the paint attendant at the store to compare and always go a shade lighter, is my humble opinion.  Trial and error brought me to a blue I could live with.

The end result is worth it!  Have the winter blues?  Change the way your living space looks. The smallest little change can really enhance your outlook.  Don't want to do anything major?

Try buying a few new towels in colors you absolutely love.  Who cares if they don't match.
Buy some flowers, buy lots of flowers.
Change a light switch plate or drawer knob, these little details add charm.
Buy a new coffee mug with a quote you enjoy or a character you have loved since childhood.
Buy new throw pillows for your sofa.
When was the last time you bought a new dish set?
Change your bedding.

There are many, many other ways to liven up your living space!

Log on to Pinterest, Etsy, Google home decor websites for ideas or simply create your own ideas!
You should feel HAPPY in your surroundings.  Your home should make you SMILE.  Your home should reflect who you and your family are.

Living room prior to painting
Living room after painting, blue is not very clear because of lighting.


Happy Spring all!  May your life bloom with happiness and may your home be a reflection of that happiness.

Love,
Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment