By sharing my writing (Poetry in particular), a life long dream, I hope to inspire others to go after their dreams and goals.

Friday, October 10, 2014

Gratitude

Valerie Maldonado 10/10/14

Though I face stresses on the daily
and my dreams are not yet reached
that does not stop me from saying
I am blessed and in God's keep

As I awake in the morning
take a breath and look about
the sun reminds me of God's glory
and I long to sing and shout

For the love he has gifted
For the family he has shared
For the dark moods he has lifted
and the friends who really care

For without my faith and love
I could not truly withstand
the daily challenges of
the world we have at hand

My prayers may not always
be answered as I'd hope
yet I can face my bad days
for God's grace helps me cope

Dwell not on your doubts
our minds can cause such havoc
find strength within and out
make gratitude a habit

List all that you are grateful for
from the smallest to the best
I promise there will be more
to smile about than stress






No comments:

Post a Comment