By sharing my writing (Poetry in particular), a life long dream, I hope to inspire others to go after their dreams and goals.

Thursday, October 9, 2014

DO NOT GIVE UP

DO NOT GIVE UP

This is my message today for you and for me.

Do not give up...
  • no matter how hard life seems to be.
  • no matter how lost you feel.
  • no matter how scared you are.
  • even if things do not make sense.
  • even if you feel alone and unsupported.
  • simply because you are having a bad day.
There is an old adage that says "This too shall pass" and I can tell you from past experience that it is very true.  Good or bad, nothing lasts forever.

It feels terrible when you are experiencing a setback or a stumbling block when you are trying to fulfill your dreams or achieve a goal, but it IS just temporary.  Whatever feelings are associated will pass, that does not mean that the memory will fade, just the strength of the emotion you are experiencing.

I have myself dealt with many obstacles and difficulties but I keep waking up each morning, thanking God for my life, and placing one foot in front of the other.  Sometimes I have to take life one hour at a time instead of one day at a time and that is okay.  Do whatever works for you.

Just don't give up!

Peace,
Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment