By sharing my writing (Poetry in particular), a life long dream, I hope to inspire others to go after their dreams and goals.

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Enough

I have a new mantra today.  Enough.

How many of us wish... wonder... imagine... hope... dream... fantasize... about:

Things we want to do
Places we want to travel to
People we would love to meet
Goals we want to achieve
Dreams we would like to fulfill

and yet that's where it sometimes inevitably ends...wishing, wondering, imagining, hoping, dreaming, fantasizing

Yes, every so often we may achieve what we desire but unless we take action or work toward a goal, many times it will not happen.

For example, I often say to my children, one day I will try that cheese that looks so delicious.
or
I would love to have fresh flowers on my desk while I write.
or
I'd really love to visit my friend/relative next weekend.
or
I really want to write a book of my poetry.
or
I'd love to go on a cruise one day.

You get the idea.

So today I have decided my mantra is ENOUGH.

ENOUGH wishing
ENOUGH wondering
ENOUGH imagining
ENOUGH hoping
ENOUGH dreaming
ENOUGH fantasizing

Today I start preparing, planning and doing.

I will save money for that trip or cruise.  I will buy myself flowers.  I will try that new restaurant or buy that exotic cheese.  I will do yoga.  I will buy those shoes I have wanted.

After all the only thing stopping me is ME.




No comments:

Post a Comment