By sharing my writing (Poetry in particular), a life long dream, I hope to inspire others to go after their dreams and goals.

Saturday, January 11, 2014

New Year, New Changes

2014...how did we get here so fast?  Time has a way of passing so quickly.  I am new to blogging and realized that I have not posted on my blog in over a month, yet it did not seem that so much time had passed.

I could blame it on the holidays and many other daily life events but I realize if I want to maintain a blog I will need to discipline myself to write regularly.

With that said, I like many of you have vowed to make 2014 my best year yet.  I have begun the year with a part time job after being unemployed for one year.  I had never before had trouble finding employment but times are difficult.  So I begin the New Year on a positive note.

I posted before about things I hope to accomplish and I feel as if I am making some progress.  I have found that in order to accomplish a goal I must fit it into my schedule the way it fits best and I must make it as fun as possible or in other words as pain free as possible.

For example, my goal of getting fit and losing a few pounds, cannot be accomplished by joining a gym since I find it boring.  I cannot afford to attend classes such as Zumba and I tried walking with a friend and promptly injured my leg.  What has worked for me is exercising when I feel my best which is in the morning and by exercise I mean dancing.  I have also thought back to my school years and begun to do sit ups, push ups, jumping jacks, running in place, etc.

I thought back to my younger years and how I was always thin and fit and realized it was due in large part to my dancing every weekend.  I love to dance.  I love all kinds of music.  So I have incorporated those loves and have woken up each morning, plugged in my freestyle, old school, rock, dance music and danced to my heart's content.  It leaves me feeling rejuvenated and the time passes very quickly.

I plan on implementing this strategy into all my goals.  Life is hard enough without adding unnecessary pressure to our daily routine.

I hope 2014 has begun on a positive note for each of you.  May your goals and dreams come to be realized now and long into the future.  Never lose hope.

Happy New Year,
Valerie

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new job! Dancing is a great form of exercise - work it girl xoxo
    2014 started off positive for me with another milestone. I graduated college with honors in December but the official ceremony (cap and gown) is in May. I will be sure to send you pictures. Keep focused on your goals. Like my dear mother always told me, "you can do anything that you put your mind to". Here's to a great New Year xoxo

    ReplyDelete