By sharing my writing (Poetry in particular), a life long dream, I hope to inspire others to go after their dreams and goals.

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Pass it on

Have you ever seen or read something and felt an overwhelming urge to share your experience with someone else?

I have often felt that way throughout my life but recently there have been a few instances where something caught my attention so much I have not been able to let them go.  I have decided to share them with you today.

For Motivation:
Recently, my local library had a display of wrapped books.   I thought it was an intriguing idea to encourage readers to choose a book that was covered and a complete surprise to the reader.  The book they chose might be a story outside of their comfort zone.  The idea is to encourage a person to broaden their imagination.  It seems the library has been doing this every year but this is the first time I noticed.

I chose a story, which ironically I had been meaning to read.  I had heard about this true story on the internet but had forgotten the name of the book.  The book is called "The Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch.  It is about a computer science professor at Carnegie Mellon, who was diagnosed with terminal cancer.  This book is the written version of a lecture he gave shortly before he passed away.  It is a short read but very, very powerful. Reading this book will leave you completely inspired and motivated.  I am glad I decided to be surprised.

Organizing inspiration:
Last year I came across a wonderful woman named Katie Mazzocco on the internet.  I love her short videos on how to live clutter and stress free.  Check her out when you get a chance.  With her permission I have placed her information below:

Katie Mazzocco is the entrepreneur productivity coach and professional organizer, owner of Full Spectrum Productivity and creator of both  the Clutter to Calm System™ and Chaos to Cash System™, the proven step-by-step processes that guide you through exactly how to organize your home and business to make more money, save time and achieve the stress-free life you want. Get your FREE Report How to Transform Your Chaos Into Cash™ to learn how to be more successful in your business by being more productive: www.FullSpectrumProductivity.com

Uplifting Movie:
While surfing Netflix recently, I decided to watch a documentary called "Happy."  How could I go wrong with that title?  I was right.  IMDb's plot summary of the film is as follows:

HAPPY takes us on a journey from the swamps of Louisiana to the slums of Kolkata in search of wht really makes people happy.  Combining real life stories of people from around the world and powerful interviews with the leading scientists in happiness research, HAPPY explores the secrets behind our most valued emotion. - Written by Wadi Rum Films, Inc.

I sure value happiness and this film left me feeling happier for days! 

If you have watched or read something interesting or wonderful lately, that you just can't wait to share, please let me know.  It is nice to step off the "daily routine" every once in a while to be surprised, inspired or motivated.


No comments:

Post a Comment