By sharing my writing (Poetry in particular), a life long dream, I hope to inspire others to go after their dreams and goals.

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Just Breathe

Ever have one of those days where everything seems to go wrong?  I mean everything?  What do you do?  Do you cry in frustration?  Get angry?  Give up?  Take a break?
Image by David Wilson II

I have done all of the above and more.  Over the years I have learned to let go of being angry since that never solves a problem, especially one out of your control.  I still get frustrated but I never, ever give up. I have found the best thing that works for me is take a break and breathe.

Research has shown that breathing deeply has many powerful benefits from relieving stress to positive affects on your health. Stepping away from a problem that has you frustrated or perplexed also helps.  Getting outside and absorbing nature's beauty is something I have found to be very relaxing. Problems exist in everyone's life and we must work through them to find a solution.  Ignoring them will not make them go away and putting them aside to deal with at a later date only delays the need to find a solution.

Many times if we are fortunate, our problems are not very big.  Sometimes they just need a pair of fresh eyes or a new perspective.  Taking a "breather" can help provide this.  So the next time you are feeling stressed by a problem breathe deeply and if possible walk outside and view nature's beautiful wonders.

Peace,
Valerie


No comments:

Post a Comment